Friday, November 13, 2009

Very windy and rainy 6 mile run yesterday. It was the last of Tropical Storm Ida leaving. Today is a rest day.
It's funny, though. My husband said he would take our son to school, and my daughter does not have preschool on Fridays. So, I had a chance to sleep in. I woke up before 6:00 am. Could not go back to sleep. I haven't slept well since we moved. Maybe it's the spot light coming in through my window.
I got a little excited about looking up all the races I want to do next year. There are so many, but I have to put a cap on it somehow. My husband wants to do some mountain bike races, and I have to remember to give him time to do what he wants to do. It's not all about me, is it?
I have to do a 23 mile run tomorrow, and I think I'll try a new trail. I'm excited, but a little nervous. I'll be alone, but I think it loops around a few times, so I can always get back to my car easily.
I'll need to start trying new things for nutrition while I run. I might try some Gu. That's easy to carry. I like fruit and grain bars, too. I also used CarbBoom fruit snacks at my 12 hour race. They worked great. Cytomax works too, but it's getting old. I need to try some other sports drink, too.
I will enjoy me rest day with my daughter today. We need to go get a birthday gift for a party tomorrow. She gets to dress up like a princess. Don't know if she'll do that.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

welcome back to blogland!

Looking forward to hearing about the new trail. BE SAFE!!!!!

I have been running more and more and love it :) The break seemed to do the trick.