Thursday, May 15, 2008

Getting slower?

I can't seem to get my pace back to where it was before my injury. I fell on February 9th. It's now May 15th. 3 months later, and I don't feel anywhere near what I could do.
It seems that everyone around me is getting faster. My sister just finished a 10K, with an 8:48 pace. She just started running not too long ago. I'm so proud of her!!
I guess I just want to be where I was last year. I will start training for my 50 miler in 1 month. I need to get my mileage back up there. I have a plan written out, but I need to make some final adjustments to it.
My fitness is very important to me, but my training log doesn't reflect that. There are quite a few blank pages. Of course I've been busy and my husband was out of town for 2 weeks. Made it hard to get exercise in with 2 young kids. Why do I feel I'm in such a slump? Everyone around me is faster, and I'm struggling to keep up. I think I need a good, short race to get my spirits up. I need to find a 5K or an 8K. I could run those fast. Need to show myself that I can still do it.
Wow. Enough whining from me. Get to have a date night with my husband tomorrow night. Yea!!

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

We are hitting the trails for sure this Saturday morning!!!! Griffin Park might be a nice "first one" if you want.

We will talk on Friday for sure.

Kevin said...

We will all have those slumps. A short race that helps you feel fast would likely be a great motivator