Saturday, May 3, 2008

I might get over 20 miles in this week. Snaps for me!! My hamstring is doing much better, as long as I keep up on the stretching.
I'm registering for Mountain Masochist this week. I own that mountain this year!! I'm actually excited about it. Now I know what to expect, and what's ahead of me. I need to rewrite my training program though. I was always exhausted at the end of each week last year. I know I need the mileage, but I need to add a little more cross training.
My husband, and a few friends think I'm crazier than normal, but I'm seriously considering a 100 miler next year. I've read about the Rocky Raccoon, but that's in February. I wonder if that's too soon after Mountain Masochist, or if I need to train a lot longer for a race of that distance. Anyone have ideas? I would need to find a good training plan for that, too.
I'm so happy to be running again. I really did miss it.

3 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Yeah... you posted again!!!

I don't think your 100 miler is crazy at all. You can do anything you put your mind to!!!

I am hitting the trails this afternoon.. did you still want to join me??

Gotta Run..... said...

hey... just thought of two bloggers that can give some advice on the 100 miler stuff. If you click on my Gotta Run name, go to my main page, and then on the left hand side you will find a link for Bubba and Eric. they both have ran that distance and do nothing but trails. Eric runs an Ultra Distance almost every weekend.

Both can give great advice I am sure!!!

Jackie said...

Cheri if 100 miler is what you want to do then I think you should make it a goal! Remember become friends with those hills.